Dr. Garima Das
Designation: Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Garima Das holds a PHD degree in Political Science with specialization in International Relations. She has completed her Bachelors, Master, MPhil, and PhD from Delhi University, School of International Studies (Diplomatic & Disarmament Studies Division, CIPOD/SIS/JNU) and Patna University respectively. She has also been an ICSSR Doctoral Fellow in India-US strategic Relations.
She has been associated with many think tanks with expertise in Defence and strategic studies, India’s nuclear weapons policy, National security, Identity Politics, Sustainable Development, and India-United States relations.
1) Research Coordinator
United Service Institution of India, New Delhi
2) Research Associate
Centre for Airpower Studies, New Delhi
3) Research Associate
Centre de Sciences Humanities, New Delhi
4) Internship: Research Associate
INDO-US Parliamentary Forum, FICCI, New Delhi
- Course Writer for IDOL (Institute of Open and Distant Learning), the University of Mumbai for UG and PG Political Science for the year 2022-23.
- Designed Syllabus for Defence Science paper for BALLB, Patliputra University
- Supervised Research projects for UG and PG students, at Patna University.
- Published paper on, ‘Identity Politics in America: A Case of Indian Americans, in Quest Journals, ISSN 2321-9467, Vol X, Issue.9, 2022
- Publication of Research report on, ‘Changing Status of Women in Bihar: Impact of Covid-19, as a part of Seed Money Project funded by RUSA, in IJRAR Journal, ISSN 2349-5138.
- Published paper on,’ Technology and defence: India’s indigenization Drive for self-Reliance, in Explore Journal of Research, ISSN 2278-0297,Vol XIV, No.2, 2022
- Published paper on the topic, ‘The Development Dilemma: Effects of Displacement due to infrastructure Projects’, in Explore Journal of Research, ISSN 2278-0297,Vol XIV, No.1, 2022
- Published Book Review for the book, India and Pakistan: Pathways Ahead, ed. By Amitabh Mattoo, Kapil Kak and Happymon Jacob in Indian Foreign Affairs, Jan-March2008
- Published Article on, ‘India China and U.S.: Rebalancing in Asia’ in Journal of Contemporary Indian Polity and Economy,Oct-Dec2016.
- Published article on War and Peace Strategies in India’s Strategic Culture in Jigyasa, ISSN 0974-7648 (UGC Approved journal-40957), June 2019, Vol. 12, N0. VI.
- Published Article on Covid-19 Crisis: India and The World in IJRAR(International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews) EISSN-2348-1269,PISSN-2349-5138 (UGC Approved Journal 43602), Vol 7, Issue 1,- March 2020
- Paper Published in Asian Journal of Advance Studies,Vol 6 , No.3, (November 2020) ISSN 2454-4655, India and America: Strategic Relations’.
- ‘Impact of Covid-19 on Bihar Assembly Elections 2020’ published in Swadeshi Research Journal , Nov 2020. ISSN No 2394-3580Published Article on,’ U.S. Nuclear Strategy: Realist Perspectives’, published in Eternity, Vol XI No.4 (Oct-Dec 2020) ISSN 0975-8690.
India and Cyber Security in India’s Foreign Policy, Internal Security and Climate Change : Challenges and the Way forward Eds. Prof. C.B.Bhange, Dr. R.S.Bhakuni, Devidas and Vijay Bhosle. Bharti Publication.
Women and Sustainable Development: Post Covid-19 in Education, Media and Law Practices during the Covid-19 Pandemic. Eds. Sanjay Kumar Mangla, Ravi Kumar Gupta, Umesh Chandra Pathak and Sakshi Gupta.Maharaja Agarsen University Publication
US Strategy In South Asia : Post 9/11 in South Asia Peace & Security Challenges Eds. Prof. (Dr.) C.B. Bhange and Arbind Kumar & Ajay Kumar. Bharati Publications.
- Paper presented on ‘Role of Cities in Environmental diplomacy’ on 24th August 2022 Conducted by Dept. of Geography, Patna Women’s college.
- Paper Presented on ‘Ending domestic violence against women: Effectiveness of international legal framework’ presented in International Conference held on 8th March 2022 conducted by Symbiosis Law School, Nagpur.
- Paper presented on ‘Technology and defense: India’s indigenization Drive for self-Reliance’, in International conference held on 6th May 2022. Conducted by Dept. of computer applications, Patna Women’s college.
- Paper presented on ‘The Philosophy of Geeta and its Embodiment in the Indian Constitution at a National conference held on 7th April 2022, Conducted by Amity University, Lucknow.
- Paper Presented on ‘Women and Sustainable Development Goals: Post Covid-19’ presented in National Conference held on 5th June 2021 conducted by St. Xavier College of Management and Technology, Patna
- Paper Presented on ‘Women and Sustainable Development Goals: Post Covid-19’ presented in Online National Conference held on 5th June, 2021 conducted by St. Xavier College of Management and Technology, Patna
- Paper Presented on Identity Politics In United States: A Case Of Indian -Americans presented in International Conference on Nov 28-29, 2020 conducted by St. Anthony College, Shillong and Central University of Karnataka.
- Paper Presented on ‘Impact of Covid-19 on Bihar Assembly Elections 2020’in Online International Conference organized by Social Science and Management Welfare Association, Vikramaditya College, Jabalpur on 8th Nov, 2020
- Paper Presented on Role of Women in Sustainable Development Post Covid-19in Online International Conference Jointly organized by RPS Degree College, Mahendergarh and Central University of Punjab, Bhatinda, between 23-24th June 2020
- Paper Presented at International Conference by IQAC, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies, New Delhi on Women and Sustainable Development Post Covid-19on July 25th 2020
- Attended International Virtual workshop on Current Trajectory of India’s Foreign Policy Conducted by Shaheed Bhagat Singh College from 17th-20th June 2020
- Paper Presented in International Conference, Impact of Covid-19 on Global Socio-Economic Development on “Impact of Covid-19 on Sustainable Development’ on 24th May 2020
- Paper Presented in International Webinar Conference, Role of Women in Sustainable Development’ organized by Social Science and Management Welfare Association, Vikramaditya College, Jabalpur on 31st May 2020
- Paper Presented in International Seminar at Indian Institute of Technology Patna on “Language & Power : A Case Study of India-US Relationship” on 21st to 23rd Feb 2020.
- Paper Presented in National Seminar at Xavier Institute of Management and Technology,Patna on “ Human Security:A Case Study of India” on 8thFeb 2020.
- Paper presentation at International Seminar in Oct 2019 at Patna Women’s College on ‘Women and Health:UN Perspectives’
- Paper presentation at National Seminar on 8th March 2019 on ‘Women and Health: Role of United Nations’ at Magadh Mahila College, Patna organized by UNICEF.
- Delivered English talk on Radio Aakashwani on 15th December 2018 on ‘Energy Conservation’.
CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS & MOOCS/FDP:
Training/FDP on First Hand Experience on SPSS-Introductory Module organized by Research Foundation of India, JHERF from 5th - 11th July,2021.
Completed Workshop on MOOCs Online Courses and Open Educational Resources conducted by CPDHE, UGC-HRDC, University of Delhi from 23rd May-29th May 2020