Prof. Bipin Kumar Tiwary
Designation: Professor, Department of Political Science
♦ HIGHER SECONDARY
♦ SENIOR HIGER SECONDARY
♦ GRADUATION (POLITICAL SCIENCE)
♦ POST GRADUATION (POLITICAL SCIENCE)
♦ M.PHIL (POLITICAL SCIENCE)
♦ DOCTORATE (POLITICAL SCIENCE)
♦ UGC NET QUALIFIED
To seek Administrative, Teaching & Research position in an Academic field at University of International repute and Govt. departments. I do possess strength in strategic planning, team building, leadership qualities, and flare for teaching, research in the areas of International Politics and disabilities discourse.
♦ Officer on Special Duty, Equal Opportunity Cell, (on Additional Charge), University of Delhi.
♦ Dy- Dean, Students’ Welfare (on Additional Charge) University of Delhi
♦ Former Coordinator Swachhta Abhiyan Committee, University of Delhi
♦ Member Secretary, Gyanodaya Committee V, University of Delhi
♦ Member, Central Admission Grievance Committee, University of Delhi.
♦ Observer at Various Entrance Examination/Examinations of University of Delhi and Govt. Department.
♦ Member, Managing Committee Gandhi Bhawan University of Delhi.
Awards and Honours
♦ Received National Award for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities under the Role Model Category by the Hon’ble President of India on 03rd December 2016.
Areas of Interest / Specialization
Teaching, research in the areas of International Politics and disabilities discourse.
Theories of International Relations, Foreign Policy of Major Powers, International Political Economy
Indian Government and Politics, India’s Foreign Policy, Comparative Government and Politics, Democracy and Governance, Voluntary Organisations.
Supervision of Doctoral Thesis
- 2021: "Partnering a Rival: The Sustenance of India’s Complex Interdependence with China, 2010-20", Strategic Analysis, Talyor and Francis, (with Anubhav Roy).
- 2021: "Soviet Tanks, American Sedans: Traces of India's Cold War-era Hedging Towards the United States, 1966–1971", India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs,Sage,77 (1): 25-41 (with Anubhav Roy).
- Edited jointly with other authors book on “Ethics in Governance” published by K. K. Publication in the year 2010 which incorporates proceedings of Seminar held at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Published a chapter in New Horizons of Globalization: India and Canada, published by Deep & Deep, New Delhi, 2010.
- Published a Chapter Titled “Climate change and Human Rights “ in Human Right in New Millennium APH Publications, New Delhi, 2012
- "Role of Ethics in governance", Chapter Published in ETHICS IN GOVERNANCE, K.K. Publication, New Delhi.
- International Journal of applied ethics Assistant Editor, Published by Centre for Ethics and Values, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi. ISSN 2321-2497.
- “Government Policies and Role of Industry Associations” Co-Author in Research Paper in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research, June 2015, ISSN:0975-251X Issue: 2(4), Volume: 4, with Impact Factor 2.972 and ICV 5.16 Points.
- Co-Editor International Journal of Applied Ethics published by Centre for Ethics and Value, Ramanujan College, University of Delhi.ISSN-2321-2491.
- Co-Editor Dharohar: The Glory of the North East, Gyanodaya-V, Published by University of Delhi, 2015
- Globalisation and Foreign Policy: Evaluating Indo-US relations in post cold war period, Published by S A M Book, Delhi-2014, ISBN-978-81-907868-8-1
- A Third World Perspective on Globalisation, Published by S A M Book, Delhi, 2014, ISBN-978-81-907868-9-8
- Published an article in Yojana Hindi on the topic Samajik Nyaya Ki Dharna Aur Mahila Vidheyak in the issue September 2016, Page-33-34.
- “ Non Traditional Security in India: Understanding Environmental Issues in Himalayan Region” in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research Volume: 6, Issue: 4(1), April 2017 with ISSN: 2277-7881, JISRAF Impact Factor 4.527, Index Copernicus Value 5.16; International Scientific Indexing Value:2.286.
- “New Horizons in Higher Education- A Case Study” in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research Volume: 6, Issue: 4(6), April 2017 with ISSN: 2277-7881, JISRAF Impact Factor 4.527, Index Copernicus Value 5.16; International Scientific Indexing Value: 2.286.
- "Removing Regional Imbalances through Currency Demonetization” in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research Volume: 6, Issue: 4(7), April 2017 with ISSN: 2277-7881, JISRAF Impact Factor 4.527, Index Copernicus Value 5.16 & International Scientific Indexing Value: 2.286.
- "Role of Teacher for Promoting Values” publication in "Golden Research Thoughts" ISSN: 2231-5063 Volume - 6 | Issue - 10 | April - 2017
Conference Organization/ Presentations (in the last three years)
- Presented a talk on “Role of Science and Technology for Speacially Abled Persons” at Kalindi College on 28th February, 2017.
- Presented a paper on ‘Addressing Barriers – Physical Accessibility’ at Indian Institute of Management – Ahmadabad (IIM-A) in a national seminar on “Accessible and Inclusive Higher education” in coordination with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE) on Sunday, 28th February, 2016.
- Attended the “Roundtable Discussion on Skilling of IT Professionals on Accessibility” organized by Microsoft and Barrier Break on 19th of February, 2016.
- Presented a paper on ‘Rights of Persons with Disability’ organized by Department of Political Science in an international workshop on Law, Institutions and Political Philosophy on 22nd August, 2016
- Presented a paper on deferent aspect of Disabilities sensitizations in the various orientation and Refresher program organized by CPDHE. (2012-2015)
- Presented a paper on Main Streaming disabilities in socio--economic development at SPM College
- Participated in the National Seminar on Challenges of Accelerated Inclusive Economic growth in Bihar and Jharkhand organized by Council for Development of Bihar and Jharkhand on 8th March, 2014 at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi.
- Participated and presented paper in the two days’ workshop on “Power of Ethics in Learning” organized by Institute of Life Long learning & Centre For Ethics & Value, Ramanujan College (University of Delhi) New Delhi during 20-21th March 2013.
- Participated in the three-day International Conference on “ Restoring Culture of Ethics & Value : The Holistic Education Way organized by Center for Ethics and Values, Ramanujan College in association with The Indian Bahai ,Department of Philosophy, University & Deshbandhu College University of Delhi 08th to 10th February,2012 at Main Auditorium Bahai House (Lotus Temple), New Delhi.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Bihar on Path of Development: Thrust and Priorities organized by Council For Development of Bihar and Jharkhand on 23rd March, 2013 at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi.
- Participated in the National Seminar on “Socialist Philosophy and Socialist Politics after Lohia: Chasms and Bridge” organized by Ramanujan College (Department of Political Science & Department of Hindi), University of Delhi on 28th to 30th March, 2011 at Conference Centre. University of Delhi.
- Participated in the National Seminar on Challenges Facing Development of Bihar & Jharkhand organized by Council For Development of Bihar and Jharkhand on 26th March, 2011, at Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi.
- Participated in one day Workshop on topic Rise of Society: Participated Democracy or Anarchic Dictatorship organized by CENTRE FOR REFORMS DEVELOPMENT AND JUSTICE held at the Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi on .5th August, 2011.
- Participated and presented paper in the two days National Seminar on Ethical Dimensions of Governance organized by Deshbandhu College (E) University of Delhi in the association with India International Centre, New Delhi on 15th-16th February, 2010 at India International Centre, New Delhi.
- Participated and presented paper in the National Seminar “Changing Face of Higher Education in India” organized by Deshbandhu College (Eve), University of Delhi on 15th February 2009 at ASSOCHAM, New Delhi.
Research Projects (Major Grants/Research Collaboration)
Research and Development Grant availed for 2015
♦ Non Traditional Security in India: Understanding Environmental Issues in Himalayan Region.
- Coordinated and represented University of Delhi in International Conference Titled: Dialogues on Disability organized by National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) along with fellow participants from King’s College London (UK), Humboldt University (Germany) and UFABC (Brazil), 13th to 22nd January, 2017.
- Coordinated the Disability Consortium organized by Kings College London along with University of Maxico and Humboldt University in Jan, 2016.
- Conducted 10 days International Educational Excellence programme for Student with Disabilities to Kings College London, University of Edinburgh, 29th June to 8th July 2013.
- Coordinated ten days workshop under Connect to India Programme of International Students Kings College London ,University of Edinburgh 1st September to 10th Sept .2014.
Association With Professional Bodies
- Member State level Selection committee Department of Women and Child Development Govt. of NCT.
- Member Monitoring Committee Observation Homes For Boys Govt. of NCT, Kingway Camp and Alipur, Delhi.
- Chief Advisor, Association for the Rights of Disabled Persons (Collective Action 7 Full Participation), Delhi (NGO).
- Former member Managing Committee EQUAL OPPORTUNITY CELL, University of Delhi.
- Former Member, Empowered Committee for Students with Disabilities under Four Year Undergraduate Programme.
- Vice-President, Touch Foundation, New Delhi (NGO).
- Former Secretary, Forum for Gandhian Thought in Traditional Values, NGO.
- Former Member, Crime Reforms Organisation, Delhi.
- Has been associated with various NGO’s like Samarthyam, Sarthak, NAB, Rotary Club of Delhi Riverside.
- Has engaged himself in installation of Auditory Signals for Persons with Disabilities for accessible pedestrian crossing with Delhi Traffic Police.
- Has engaged himself in government department in Making suitable accessible movement possible for person with disabilities.
© 2018 - All Rights Reserved - University of Delhi