Dr. Koiremba Ningthoujam Singh
Designation: Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Address: Brahamapur Nahabam, Imphal East, Manipur 795001
2020 to date: Assistant Professor in Department of International Relations, Sikkim Central University, India
2014 to 2020: Assistant Professor in Department of International Studies and History, School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore.
2012 to 2013: Project Director of Project dealing with drop-out school children with particular reference to child labour, Lamjing Thawan Association, Lamtha, Imphal, Manipur.
February 2011 to September 2011: Visiting Lecturer, Law Faculty, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat.
June 2009 to April 2010: Faculty Member, M.S. University Baroda, teaching “Indian Foreign Policy Analysis” and “International Relations”.
June 2008 to April 2009: Faculty Member, M.S. University Baroda, teaching “International Relations Theory” for M.A. students with special reference to “Contemporary International Relations in Environment, Green Politics, and Human Rights”.
February 2006 to January 2008: Worked as Counselor for the Rapid Intervention and Care Project (RIAC) Supported by Manipur AIDS Control Society (MACS) in Mahila Vikas Samiti, Khongman Okram Chuthek Makha, Imphal East District, Manipur.
October 1999 to December 1999: Worked for 2 months as Freelancer (data collection) in National Readership Survey conducted by Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB) International.
2011: PhD in Non-Traditional Security with Dissertation entitled “Non-Traditional Security Threats In International Relations: A Study of Illicit Drug Trafficking and Narco-Terrorism in East and South East Asia” with Human Security as main concern.
2006: M.A. in Political Science with Dissertation entitled “The Grotian and Hobbesian Perspective to Order in International Relations” from M.S. University of Baroda.
2004: B.A. in Political Science as major and History as minor from M.S. University of Baroda.
2008-2010: Full scholarships from the M.S. University of Baroda
“Non-Traditional Security in International Relations: Illicit Drug Trafficking and NarcoTerrorism in East and South East Asia,” Ruby Press, New Delhi, 2012; ISBN: 9382395008.
- Varying Dimensions of India’s National Security Emerging Perspectives, AnshumanBehera, Sitakanta Mishra edt. Dr. N. Koiremba Singh “Illicit Drug Trafficking and Dumping of Chinese Goods in India via Myanmar: A Case Study of Manipur”Springer. ISSN 2198-0012 ISSN 2198-0020.
- Gendered Approach to Reconciliation During and After War in Sri Lanka. 2020. in Leal Filho W., Azul A., Brandli L, Lange Salvia A., Wall T. (eds), Gender Equality. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Springer Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70060-1_119-1 ISBN: 978-3-319-70060-1. Springer nature Switzerland AG 2020
India and its Emerging Foreign Policy Challenges, Security Environment of Afghanistan: Implications for India, Dr. N. Koiremba Singh and Ms. Richa Dohgera, Publisher: VIJ Books (India) Pvt Ltd (30 April 2018) ISBN-10: 9386457741 ISBN-13: 978-9386457745.
- Assessing the Future of Indo-Nigeria Relations - A Victory or a Doom? The GNLU Journal of Law, Development and Politics. Volume 11, Issue 1, April 2021-2. P: 196-229 ISSN: 0975-0193
- “A Feminist Analysis of the Reconciliation Process in Post-Conflict Sri Lanka”, International Journal of Social Science and Economic Research, ISSN 2455-8834, Vol 03, March 2019. Pp. 1615-1629.
- “Climate Change Regime in Bangladesh Security Challenges for India,” The GNLU Journal of Law, Development and Politics Vol 9, Issue 2, November/December 2019. ISSN: 0975-0193. P:48-64.
- “Revolutionary in Military Affairs and India’s Role,” IJARAR, 2019/3, Volume 6, Issue 1. ISSN 2349-5138. ;pp 516-524
- “Non-traditional Security Redefining State-centric Outlook”. Jadavpur Journal of International Relations, Sage Publications. August 30, 2016, vol: 20 Issue . P:102-124, ISSN 0973-5984.
- "Drug Trafficking and Narco-Terrorism as Security Threats: A Study of India’s NorthEast".
India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, Jan-March 2013. Volume 69.Issue 1, SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd. page(s): 65-82 ISSN: 0974-9284
- “The Dilemma of ‘Scientific Reasoning’ – a Pharmaceutical Perspective,” IJMPS, Vol. 03 Issue 05, 29/12/2012. ISSN: 2321-0095.
- “Illicit Drug Trafficking and Narco-Terrorism from the Perspective of Non-Traditional Security Threats in International Relations with Reference to East Asia,” Journal of Humanities, Social Science and Management, National Biannual Journal, Vol II, Issue II, July- December, 2011, ISSN 0974-9772.pp 157-163
MEMBER OF EDITORIAL BOARD
Editorial Board Member, Contemporary Investigations and Observations in Pharmacy, Peer-reviewed Quarterly, International Online Journal. ISSN 2278–7429.
PERIODICALS AND NEWSPAPER ARTICLES
- “India Bound by International Law against any Intervention in Maldives,” South Asia Monitor, 17 September 2018.
- “Gujarat: narcotics entrepot,” Deccan Herald Daily, 22/08/2017.
- “Manipur in turmoil over new districts,” Deccan Herald Daily, 18/01/2017.
- “Breaking the rule of law,” Asia and the Pacific Policy Society Policy Forum, 27/10/2016.
- “India to gain more,” Deccan Herald Daily, 17/02/2016.
- “Can India help Africa realise its dream?” The Society for Policy Studies, New Delhi, 26/10/2015.
- “Naga pact will bring prosperity,” Deccan Herald Daily, 22/08/2015.
- “Tackling Tibet: For a productive India-China dialogue,” South Asia Monitor Weekly, 04/03/2015.
- “Religious Extremism Destroying Pakistani Society,” South Asia Monitor Weekly, 04/03/2015.
- “Will North East media ever be independent?” One India One People Monthly, 02/03/2013.
PAPERS PRESENTED AT CONFERENCES, SEMINARS AND WEBINAR
- Structural Violence Against Women an Overview, Webinar on Cyber Crime - Harassment of Women in Digital Space, Organized By Manipur Upliftment Centre and National Commission for Women Government of India, 17th October 2020.
- Soft Power Capacity Building: Engaging the Diaspora with Special Reference to South-East Asia, 2-Days international Conference on “Indian Epics & Soft Power in Southeast Asia” Lecture cum Demonstration on Indonesian Mahabharata through Puppetry, 6-7 Nov 2019, JNU, Delhi.
- Energy Security and Human Rights Oversights, Energy Security and Chemical Engineering Congress, 2019, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Artificial Intelligence in China and its Implication on World Politics, The All India Conference of China Studies (AICCS), Bengaluru, 15-17 November 2018.
- Statelessness dilemma and Supra-Legal limitations on refugee crisis with special reference to Rohingya. Conferred the Best Paper Award at the Statelessness a Supra-Legal Perspective Conference, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, 22/12/2018, Bangalore.
- “Sino-India Chronic Border Dispute: A Case Studies of Arunachal Pradesh” International Conference on Changing World Order: India and China in Contemporary Times organised by Centre for Chinese and South East Asian Studies, SLLCS, Jawaharlal Nehru University in collaboration with Banaras Hindu University (BHU) and Central University of Punjab 14/04/2017.
- Keynote Speaker, Global South Conference Non Western International Relations Theory 23/10/2017 NLSIU, Bangalore.
- Human Trafficking and National Security: Emerging Challenges, National Conference on Emerging trends in Non - Traditional Security: Threats and Responses, 02/09/2016, Christ University.
- Economy and social aspect, International Conference on Impacts Of Business on Social Trends and Movements ICSSR Sponsored Bon Secours College For Women, Thanjavur, TM 07/02/2014.
- Reservation and exclusion in India, Seminar on Reservation and inclusive growth in India organized by IIPA Baroda Branch, The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara. (15th October 2010).
- ‘Non-Traditional Security in International Relations’, xxxi Indian Social Science Congress N.D.T. Women University, Nathibai Thackerey Road, Mumbai (27th to 31st December 2007).
- ‘Indo-Us Relations at glance’, Seminar on The Indo US Relations at Department of Political Science, The M.S. University of Baroda, Gujarat 2005.
National Conference on Sub-Regional Co-Operation in South Asia - India, Sri Lanka and Maldives, Department of International Studies and History, School of Law, Christ University, Bangalore, 31/08/2015.
- Participated in Training of Trainers Programme on Prevention of HIV/AIDS in the World of Work, 23-27 May 2011, organised by V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, NOIDA.
- Attended 5 days Sensitization Training Programme for the Functionary Organisations and Government Officials on Women’s Empowerment Organised by the National Institute of Public Cooperation And Child Development, New Delhi, 20 - 24 December 2010.
- Participated, “Young Scholar Workshop on Strategic Issues”, Organized by CUG Gujarat, Carnegie 6-10 Nov 2017.
- Participated, National Workshop on ‘Learning to Teach Law’ Christ University Bangalore 16/01/2014.
- Participated, “Current Trends in Knowledge Development and Education Management” CU-Academic Staff College 22/10/2013.
- Participated, Workshop on “Formulation: The Queer in Theory and Praxis”organized by Forum on Contemporary Theory on 16-17 September 2011.
- Participated, Ten Days Workshop on, “Evolution Perspective in the Thought and Vision of Sri Auorobindo” Organised by Sri Aurobindo studies Centre the M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara. From 12th- 23rd January, 2010.
- Participated in Workshop on The Current Global Order, Conflicts and Resolutions Conducted” by Prof. John Galtung .Held on 27th and 28th November 2009 at Peace Center, Gujarat Vidyapeeth, Ahmedabad.
- Participated, NIICE Global Conclave 25-27 JUNE 2021.
- Participated, UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Research Methodology in Social Sciences jointly organized by Charuter Vidya Mandal,s HM Patel of English Training and Research and Centre for Studies and Research on Life and Works of Sardar Vallabhai Patel Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, 2011.
- Participated, National Seminar on Poverty and Social Exclusion in India: Need for Paradigm Shift Towards an Inclusive Society, Department of Sociology, Christ University, Hosur Road, Bangalore, 12/03/2014.
- Participated, National Seminar on Identity at The Margins 19-20 March 2010, organized by UGC SAP-1 Department of English Faculty of Arts the M.S. University of Baroda Vadodara.
- Participated, National Seminar on, ‘Issues in Environmental History: Pre- Modern and Modern World From Indian and Canadian Perspectives’ Held at The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara on 5-6 March 2010.
- Participated in Two-Days National seminar on “Local Governance in India: Issues and Implications” held on 16-17 March, 2007, Department of Political Science, The M.S. University of Baroda.
- Participated in Two-Days National seminar on “Structure and Dynamics of Indian Politics” held on 16-17 January, 2006, Department of Political Science, The M.S. University of Baroda.
- Participated in Two-Days National seminar on “Strategic Environment of South Asian States in new Millennium” held on 18-19 March, 2005, Department of Political Science, M.S. University of Baroda.
- Participated in Media Seminar ‘Foot Print’ Titled “Authentic C.D. - Piracy in Media” Hold on IIM.A. On 30th October, 2005. Organized by Symbiosis Institute Of Mass Communication, Pune.
CORE COMPETENCE: International Relations
Guide: 4 Students : Migration, Environment, Health Security, Internal Security. (Completed)
MPhil Guide: 1 student : Non-Western International Relations ( On Going )
OTHER ASSIGNMENT IN UNIVERSITY
Member of Admission Committee.
Organising committee Member of National Conference in Department of National Conference.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Christ University 2013-2020
Subject Taught in Under Graduates: Indian Government and Politics, Political Theory For UG.
Subject Taught in Master: International Relations Theory, African Studies, Problem Of International Relations, Political Theory for Master Program.
Subject Taught in MPhil: Advance International Relations.
- MPhil Guide: 1 student: Migration and statelessness (Completed) in Christ University.
- PhD: 2 Students Working
- MPhil: 1 Submitted in Sikkim University
- Master Guide: Guided Master’s dissertations of more than 20 students for the pass 8 years I had worked with Students from India and Foreign countries as academic guide in the areas of: Nontraditional Security, Feminism in International Relations, Migration, Human Trafficking, Climate Change, Humanitarian and Economic Crisis In Africa. Fortunately, I had opportunity to work with students from Zimbabwe, Burundi, South Sudan and Congo. In due course I introduce African Studies in Christ University as full course for Master program in department of International Studies where I taught African Studies for 6 years and offer African Studies certificate course as well.
AREAS OF FUTURE INTEREST
- Non-Traditional Security Threats in East and South East Asia
- Health Security
- Human Security
- Postcolonial Studies in International Relations
- Contemporary International Relations Theory
Date of Birth: 11 Nov 1982
Languages known: English, Hindi, Manipuri